The voice portal provides an interactive voice response (IVR) application that can be called by members of the group from any phone, to manage their services and voice mailbox, or to change their passcode. The group administrator can also use the voice portal to record new greetings for a group's Auto Attendants.The voice portal has been enhanced to allow users to automatically log in to the voice portal if calling from their own phone or device. This feature adds a new user option Auto-login to voice portal if calling from own phone. When set to "yes", then when users call in to the voice portal from their own phone, they are not prompted for a passcode, and instead, immediately access the voice portal menu. When set to "no", then the existing functionality is used and users are prompted for their passcode.
The voice portal provides a convenient way for users to manage their services from any phone. The voice portal allows the users to:
- Log in by dialing the voice portal number or extension, or by dialing the feature access code *62.
Manage their voice mail box (see user features>>voicemail to email.
- Retrieve messages
- Compose, forward, or reply to messages
- Change greetings
- Activate, deactivate, and program their Call Forwarding Always service (see section User Features » Call Forwarding Always .
- Select a CommPilot Express profile (see section 3.32 CommPilot Express)
- Record a personalized name for an Auto Attendant and standard voice mail greetings
- Modify passcode
- Record Auto Attendant greetings (group administrator only)
- Broadcore users call the system voice portal number from their own phone
- Broadcore users call their group voice portal number from their own phone
- Broadcore users call themselves from their own phone (the entry point is the VMR main menu).
Voice Portal Wizard
The voice portal wizard is assigned to groups, and assists users the first time they log into the voice portal. Upon logging in, users are guided through the following steps:
- Change passcode from the default one (or after an administrator has reset it)
- Record personalized name
This feature enhances voice portal security by providing a set of rules to minimize voice portal access by unauthorized parties.
The passcode rules are kept private to provide additional safety for customers.
Call +1-310-921-7000 to speak to a sales executive and learn more about Broadcore’s business-grade Unified Communications services. Contact Us