This service allows the group administrator to assign a Calling Line Identity (name and number) to an entire group. The name is sent for on net calls. The number is set for all calls outside the group.
This service allows the group administrator to define a default group Calling Line ID (CLID). The default group CLID is made up of:
- Name - The name of the group (truncated to 15 characters)
- Number - A valid phone number authorized to the group
For users with their own DID, the administrator can select whether the default group name and/or number should override the users' own name and number.
There is also an important setting for emergency calls. This should be set to "Use user phone number for Calling Line Identity" And is setup under the group or user under Profile>>Call Processing Policies. The number should then be registered with E911. See User Features>>Web portal or contact customer service for information. The group is responsible for registering their numbers and addresses and keeping those records updated.
The DID used as a default group CLID can still be assigned to a user in the group. For instance, it can be assigned to a group Auto Attendant to allow external parties to use it to reach non-DID users (phantom users).
The following options are offered to the administrator to configure the Calling Group ID Delivery service:
- Group number - The administrator can select the group DID among the ones authorized for the group.
NOTE: The selected DID is still available to be assigned to a real or virtual user of the group under Profile>>Call Processing Policies.
- Use group name - The administrator can select whether the group name should override the user name when making an external outbound call.
- User group number - The administrator can select whether the group DID should override the user number when making an external outbound call.