The Account Code service allows the users to assign certain calls to specified accounts, for tracking purposes. This can be very useful if you bill clients for calls, such as law offices, architects, etc.
Two account code dialing methods are offered, which can be assigned concurrently to different users of a group.
Mandatory Account Codes Description
Users assigned the mandatory Account Codes service are prompted to enter an account code every time they make a call outside of the group. When prompted to enter a code, the user dials the applicable digit string, after which the call resumes normally. The code is captured in the associated accounting information generated for that call. The group administrator can elect to have account codes apply only to long distance calls. In this case, users are not prompted for an account code when making a local or toll-free call. Account codes are a fixed length, as configured by the group administrator. When prompted for an account code, the user is informed of the number of digits to enter. Hence, when a user makes a call for which an account code is required, the dialing sequence is as follows:
[User dials phone number] [account code prompt] [user enters account code] call proceeds. Emergency and repair calls are never prompted for an account code.
Feature Access Code-Based Account Codes Description
When assigned the Feature Access Code-Based Account Code service, the user can:
- Make a call as usual, without entering an account code.
- Dial a feature access code (for example, *XX) before making a call. In this case, the user is prompted for an account code, dials the code, receives confirmation, and then proceeds with the call as usual. The sequence is as follows:
[Off-hook] [FAC] [prompt] [code] [confirmation] [dial tone] [call]
The group administrator configures the Account Code service through the CommPilot Group web portal. When configuring the service, the group administrator:
- Activates or deactivates the service.
- Selects the length of the account code.
- Selects whether the service should apply only to long distance calls.
- Selects which users of the group are assigned the service.
- Selects the activation method to be used for each user.
Call +1-310-921-7000 to speak to a sales executive and learn more about Broadcore’s business-grade Unified Communications services. Contact Us